The Department of Computer Science and Systems Engineering of the University of Zaragoza (Spain) is seeking PhD students to develop their theses on Systems and Computational Biology. The successful candidates will be fully funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.
Start date: Second half of 2020.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract for 4 years.
Salary: 16114 EUR/year during the first two years; 17279 EUR/year during the third year; 21588 EUR/year during the fourth year.
Location: Department of Computer Science and Systems Engineering of the University of Zaragoza, Spain. Research stays in the Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, UK.
– Novel computational methods for the modelling and analysis of metabolic networks.
– Optimization of metabolic networks for the production of commodity chemicals.
– Systems biology approaches to drug discovery.
Profile and required skills:
– MSc in computer science, mathematics, engineering, biochemistry or biology (MSc degree is required by July 2020)
– Very good academic record
– Highly motivated and proactive
Applications: Interested candidates can send their CV and academic record to Jorge Julvez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline: 3 Nov 2019.